[oXygen-user] null-warnings for schema

Adrian Buza adrian at sync.ro
Thu Jun 7 05:13:52 CDT 2012

Hi,

If you are referring to the messages from the Catalogs view (after
setting Verbosity to "Unresolved entities" or "All messages" in the XML
Catalog preferences), note that these are not warnings. These are just
messages logged by the catalog resolver in Oxygen whenever it attempts
to resolve a public/system ID or an URI.
These messages will keep coming as you edit, validate or transform in
Oxygen and the catalog resolver is invoked by these operations.

These particular messages tell that the catalog resolver attempted to
resolve some system IDs through the XML catalogs and failed ( = null).
That's not necessarily a bad thing since the schemas are in the Oxygen
frameworks, so they are accessible. These can be viewed as a problem
with the XML catalog if they were meant to be resolved by the catalog to
a different location. This seems unnecessary in this case.

If these messages bother you or alarm you for no reason, it's better to
turn them off and only enable them when a problem occurs (e.g. a schema
is not found). You can turn these off in Options > Preferences, XML >
XML Catalog, Verbosity: None.

Regards,
Adrian

Adrian Buza