[oXygen-user] Framework for DocBook titlepage customisation?

Tony Graham tgraham at mentea.net
Tue Jan 24 09:59:28 CST 2012

On Tue, January 24, 2012 3:11 pm, David Cramer wrote:
> If there were a schema for the titlepage xml file, then adding it and a
> "titlepage.framework" file to the DocBook framework might make sense
> to provide authoring assistance.

The "http://nwalsh.com/docbook/xsl/template/1.0" URL resolves to
docbook.sourceforge.net but gives an error page rather than any useful
hints about where to find the schema.

>> I think it is mainly just one XSLT transform which applies
>> [Oxygen-folder]/frameworks/docbook/xsl/template/titlepage.xsl on a
>> titlepage XML document, followed by importing the result of this

Two, if you're customising both HTML and FO output.  Customising can be a
highly iterative process that, IMO, begs for as much automation as
possible.  I had been checking to see if someone else had it preconfigured
before I potentially reinvented that wheel by configuring it for my user.

Putting the xsl:import in the right file is something to do once (or
twice) by hand, but regenerating the customisation is a good candidate for
a transformation scenario, at least.

Regards,

Tony Graham                                   tgraham at mentea.net
Consultant                                 http://www.mentea.net
Mentea       13 Kelly's Bay Beach, Skerries, Co. Dublin, Ireland
    XML, XSL-FO and XSLT consulting, training and programming