[oXygen-user] Problems with XQuery indentation.

Adrian Buza adrian at sync.ro
Wed Feb 15 09:49:25 CST 2012

Hello,

1. You can set the tab/indent size in Options > Preferences, Editor >
Format.
Note that you will have to disable "Detect indent on open" to change the
"Indent size". Then you can re-enable the "Detect indent on open"
option, if you want to preserve the indent size for existing files. If
you leave this enabled, Oxygen will first try to determine the indent
size from the opened file and only fallback to the specified value in
the "Indent size" option if it could not.
Note that this option affects all editors(XML, XQuery, etc).
Pressing Tab will insert an indent of the specified size(spaces).

2. Currently the XQuery editor does not have auto-indent for brackets(or
for anything else for that matter). The only indent related feature is
the one you have noticed, when pressing ENTER, it will replicate the
indent on the previous line.
We are planning on improving the XQuery formatting/editing support in a
future version of Oxygen. I have added your comments to our issue
tracking tool.

Regards,
Adrian

Adrian Buza