[oXygen-user] Document type & framework: external storage

Adrian Buza adrian at sync.ro
Wed Feb 15 09:14:53 CST 2012

Let me clarify with an example.

${frameworksDir} expands to the frameworks directory. By default that
is: /path/to/oxygen/frameworks
If you use a custom frameworks directory, then ${frameworksDir} points
to that directory.

The DocBook 4 framework file is now located in:
/path/to/oxygen/frameworks/docbook/docbook4.framework
Currently the references to any files from the DocBook 4 framework
directory are like this:
  ${frameworksDir}/docbook/path/to/file
These references are generally made from inside the framework file itself.

${framework(docbook)} would also work, but it still specifies the name
of the framework subdir and we would like to avoid that as well.

What we are planning is to use a generic editor variable
${currentFramework}(or ${framework}) that expands to the parent
directory of the .framework file.
So, for the DocBook 4 example above that would translate to :
  ${currentFramework} when used in the DocBook 4 framework context would
expand to: /path/to/oxygen/frameworks/docbook
So the references would be:
  ${currentFramework}/path/to/file
This eliminates both the dependence on the common frameworks dir and the
specific framework subdir will also resolves the problems that appear
when you want to duplicate a framework.

I've added your suggestion to the issue and we will also consider that
possibility.

Regards,
Adrian

Adrian Buza