[oXygen-user] Learning Xml structure for XSLT authoring

Adrian Buza adrian at sync.ro
Wed Feb 15 04:47:32 CST 2012

Hello Wendell and Karl,

Wendell,

If we decide to implement a solution that adds a performance penalty or
clutters the interface, I can assure you that an option will be
available to turn that feature off.

Additionally there is another idea to provide content completion in XSLT
from the associated DTD/schema(if one is available) of the XML file.
Something similar could be used to implement your proposal("XSLT's
content completion could aggregate the XML files it sees there"), a
schema could be created dynamically from the XML files(similar to the
Tools > Generate/Convert Schema) and that schema could be used for CC.

BTW Wendell, I believe you have accidentally sent the reply only to me
without CC-ing to the list.

Karl,

We could use an Oxygen PI in the XSL content to associate an XML with
the stylesheet, similar to the association of a stylesheet with the XML.
e.g.
<?oxygen type="text/xml" href="myfile.xml"?>

I've logged all your suggestions and the improvements of this feature
will be discussed internally.

Regards,
Adrian

Adrian Buza