[oXygen-user] XInclude and WebDAV

Adrian Buza adrian at sync.ro
Fri Feb 10 09:43:57 CST 2012

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

I can confirm this behavior with an eXist connection in Oxygen, but I'm
not sure what's causing it.
This is easy to reproduce in Oxygen by importing in the eXist database
one of the Oxygen XInclude samples. Import the directory:
Oxygen/samples/docbook/v5. The sample XInclude file is named:
sampleXInclude.xml

Oxygen does not expand the XIncludes by itself. If you open a document
with XInclude from WebDAV in Oxygen you will see(in Text mode) the
document is not affected. However, when using an eXist connection, the
document that Oxygen requests from the eXist database has all XIncludes
already expanded. This indicates that the eXist JDBC driver delivers the
document already expanded. Or maybe Oxygen solicits it from the driver
in a way that causes it to be expanded. I'm not familiar with the inner
workings of the eXist driver so I'll have to forward this to our
database development team.

Regards,
Adrian

Adrian Buza