[oXygen-user] [Bug] Compressed SVG files not opened

Oxygen XML Editor Support support at oxygenxml.com
Mon Aug 20 00:59:22 CDT 2012

Hi Tim,

Actually the specification says something like this:

> Additionally, HTTP/1.1 allows for compressed data to be passed from server to client, which can result in significant file size reduction.

It refers to the fact that an HTTP client can set in the HTTP header
fields a value called:

> Accept-Encoding:gzip

and then the server can send back the HTTP response GZipped, the client
having to unzip the response. Oxygen also supports this kind of zipping
content between HTTP client and server.

But indeed it is also common to GZip SVGs (usually with the ".svgz"
extension) and Oxygen should also be able to open such zipped SVG files
(with any extension) in the SVG viewer. So if you have a sample which
does not work you could send it to "support at oxygenxml.com" and we'll
take a look at it.