[oXygen-user] BaseX Support in oXygen?

Hannes Bauer hannesbauer at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 16 21:22:33 CDT 2012

Hi Alex,

thanks for the detailed walkthrough! I finally managed to get it running. The BaseX HTTP Server was already working as expected, but I didn't know how to connect to WebDAV (I also found http://docs.basex.org/wiki/Integrating_oXygen , but this didn't cover how to create a WebDAV Data Source).

> WebDAV URL should look something like
> http://localhost:{port}/webdav/{database_name}.

I found out that you can simply specify the webdav root:

  http://localhost:8984/webdav/

This way, you'll be able to address all databases in BaseX.

Did you already think about including a BaseX default configuration in the dialog windows of oXygen? This may help users like me to get it all up and running.

All the best,
Hannes

PS: Need to tell you.. oXygen has always been my favorite XML editor; I'm advertising your product whenever I get the chance to do so!