[oXygen-user] Any VirtualBox users find a way around the paste problem?

G. Ken Holman gkholman at CraneSoftwrights.com
Tue Aug 14 06:43:08 CDT 2012

Fellow oXygen users,

I'm nagged by the ever-present copy and paste problem from VirtualBox
when pasting text from, say, an XP guest to a Mac host.  The paste
text includes a BOM at the start and a NUL at the end.

Thankfully, oXygen strips the NUL so as not to make the XML document
not-well-formed (Emacs doesn't do such stripping), but the BOM U+FEFF
at the beginning of the paste buffer ends up in my XML and is not
visible (though walking around with the cursor eventually finds
it).  It is visible in Emacs so I instantly am reminded of the issue
... I tend to forget the issue when pasting in oXygen.

Has anyone figured out a way to configure either VirtualBox or oXygen
to prevent the BOM from ending up in the edited file during a
standard paste action?

Thanks for any advice anyone may have regarding this!

--
Public XSLT, XSL-FO, UBL and code list classes in Europe -- Oct 2012
Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm