[oXygen-user] Validate and Validate with …

Radu Coravu radu_coravu at sync.ro
Fri Oct 7 07:06:04 CDT 2011

Hi Jens,

I tested and if you validate the XML using the default validation engine
(Xerces) the XML is validated.

 From what your error message looks like:

> Engine name: Saxon-EE 9.3.0.5

you probably defined a custom validation scenario for your XML file and
configured as a validation engine Saxon EE.

When using "Validate with..." action then Xerces is used for validation
and this is why validation is successful.

So the question is why Saxon EE reports the XML Schema as invalid.
The schema "modsCluster.xsd" has a reference to the "xlink.xsd" like:

> <xs:import namespace="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" schemaLocation="http://www.loc.gov/standards/xlink/xlink.xsd"/>

reference which is correct.
We'll investigate this and get back with more details.