[oXygen-user] more problems with xml-model processing instruction

Radu Coravu radu_coravu at sync.ro
Thu Nov 24 03:45:08 CST 2011

Hi Tara,

I made some tests with Oxygen 13.1 and the application seems to 
correctly unescape the entities in the xml-model value before passing 
the information to the validator.

In my test I used an XML file with the content:

> <?xml-model href="http://devel-new.sync.ro/~test/testAmp.php?a=b&amp;c=el3" type="application/xml" schematypens="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"?>
> <root></root>

which used for validation a simple PHP script located on our web server 
with the content:

> <?php
>  echo "<xs:schema xmlns:xs='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema' elementFormDefault='qualified'>
>     <xs:element name='root'>
>         <xs:complexType>
>             <xs:sequence>
>                 <xs:element name='";
> echo $_GET["c"];
> echo "'/>
>             </xs:sequence>
>         </xs:complexType>
>     </xs:element>
> </xs:schema>";
> ?>

So the PHP script returned a slightly different XML Schema depending on 
the value of the "c" GET parameter.

Changing the value of the "c" parameter directly in the XML changed the 
error received from the Xerces parser.

Could you give me a simple example which shows the problem on your side?


Radu Coravu
<oXygen/>  XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger

On 11/24/2011 5:29 AM, Tara Athan wrote:
> In Oxygen 12.2&  13.1:
> If the value of the @href attribute of an xml-model processing
> instruction is a URL with query string, the ampersands in the query
> string must be replaced with&amp; to avoid an error. This is as it
> should be.
> BUT when the attribute value is then used to obtain the schema, it
> appears that the&amp; entities are not converted back to&, leading to
> errors in resolving the URL.
> Tara
> _______________________________________________
> oXygen-user mailing list
> oXygen-user at oxygenxml.com
> http://www.oxygenxml.com/mailman/listinfo/oxygen-user

More information about the oXygen-user mailing list