[oXygen-user] Convenient insertion of XInclude from project view

Jirka Kosek
Wed May 4 02:25:09 CDT 2011

Radu Coravu wrote:

> You are probably editing Docbook 5 XML with RNG schema.
>
> Docbook 5 also has a RNG schema which allows xi:include in any element.
> This schema is used by default by Oxygen for validation if the schema is
> not associated from inside the XML document:
> OXYGEN_INSTALL_DIR/frameworks/docbook/5.0/rng/docbookxi.rng

Situation is little bit more complicated -- I'm using my own
customization of DocBook 5 schema -- I have to change it to be derived
from docbookxi.rng in order to get XInclude smoothly working in oXygen.

> But you are probably using the standard RNG schema with the XML.
> Even so, the schema aware editing (controlled from the Oxygen
> Preferences->"Editor / Pages / Author / Schema aware" page) should
> probably allow xi:includes to be inserted anywhere as the RNG Jing
> validation is done after the <xi:include> tags are expanded. So we'll
> look into this and probably make a fix in a future version.

That would be really nice and useful.

Thanks,

				Jirka
  Jirka Kosek      e-mail:       http://xmlguru.cz