[oXygen-user] How to I get Oxygen to identify invalid characters? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Thu Mar 31 00:24:22 CDT 2011

Hi George,

Here is a snippet of the offending content:

<gmd:abstract>
        <gco:CharacterString>The Housing Rental Vacancy Rates Brief summarises data from a quarterly
          survey of Queensland real estate agencies. The data presented relates to vacancy rates of
          residential rental detached houses and units, and is broken down by 5 regions: Inner
          Brisbane, Remainder of Brisbane LGA, Brisbane Surrounds, Gold Coast and Rest of
          Queensland. Information on each quarter is posted on the website according to the
          following schedule: March Quarter-first week of April June Quarter-first week of July
          September Quarter-first week of October December Quarter-first week of January . Surveys
          have been conducted in 2002-2003, 2003-2004, 2004-2005, 2005-2006, and 2006-2007.
        </gco:CharacterString>
      </gmd:abstract>

Note that the hyphens are of the format:  â~@~T when viewed in a vi editor on a Solaris platform. Our XML declaration is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Other validator report these as invalid characters. So I would like to set Oxygen so that it detects and reports these characters.

Thanks.

John