[oXygen-user] How to I get Oxygen to identify invalid characters? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Wed Mar 30 17:50:47 CDT 2011

Hi All,

I have a ISO 19139 metadata record that someone has cut and paste M$ word content into one of the CharacterString fields. According to the Validome XML online validator these characters (â~@~T or M$ long hyphens) are invalid. Also, when we use SAXON to translate this metadata record into XHTML, SAXON says that there is a validation error.

When I load this document into Oxygen, version 10.0 build 2008102212, it validates OK. Is there some way for me to catch these invalid characters during validation?

Thanks.

 John Hockaday
 Spatial Standards Group (OSDM)
 http://www.osdm.gov.au/