[oXygen-user] How does Oxygen Validate XSDs?

Radu Coravu
Tue Mar 29 09:07:34 CDT 2011

Hi Eliot,

Oxygen uses Xerces by default for validating XSD.
Our used Xerces version is 2.9.1 and we have a lot of patches (as you
probably already know).

Our validation code is something like:

         XMLGrammarPreparser preparser = ......................
         // parse the grammar...
         preparser.setErrorHandler(..............);
         preparser.preparseGrammar(
             XMLGrammarDescription.XML_SCHEMA,
             new XMLInputSource(null, systemID, null, reader, null));

We also have some parser options in the Oxygen Preferences->"XML / XML
Parser" which are used to create the parser.

So it's hard to say why this difference occurs, maybe one of our many
Xerces patches is a fix for your particular situation...

What error does your validation report?