[oXygen-user] SVG rasterizer

Wendell Piez
Wed Jun 8 18:12:54 CDT 2011

Hi,

An update: Tony Graham suggests doing this as a simple External Tool
rather than as a Transformation Scenario, with the command line:

"${oxygenInstallDir}/jre/bin/java" -cp
"${oxygenInstallDir}/lib/batik-all-1.7.jar${ps}${oxygenInstallDir}/lib/xml-apis-ext.jar"
org.apache.batik.apps.rasterizer.Main -scriptSecurityOff -m image/png -d
${cfd}/${cfn}.png  ${currentFileURL}

This works, and has the advantage of avoiding the overhead of XSLT and
FOP, so it is significantly faster.

The only downside I can see is that it isn't (yet) possible to bind
external tools to particular document types. (Or is it?)

Cheers,
Wendell

On 6/6/2011 1:15 PM, Wendell Piez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As you know, Batik comes with rasterizer code to convert SVG into JPEG
> and PNG formats. (And others, including TIFF, EPS and PDF.)
>
> I happily use it on other platforms, but sometimes I'd really like to do
> this in oXygen ... any chance of adding a widget for SVG files to
> support this?
>
> Cheers,
> Wendell

> Wendell Piez                            mailto:
> Mulberry Technologies, Inc.                http://www.mulberrytech.com
> 17 West Jefferson Street                    Direct Phone: 301/315-9635
> Suite 207                                          Phone: 301/315-9631
> Rockville, MD  20850                                 Fax: 301/315-8285

Wendell Piez                            mailto: