[oXygen-user] Java plugin

Radu Coravu
Mon Jun 6 08:55:02 CDT 2011

Hi Siyan,

Our plugins development kit (+ Java samples and documentation) can be
found here:

http://www.oxygenxml.com/developer.html#Developer_Plugins

Documentation about plugins can also be found here:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-oxygen/index.html?q=/doc/ug-oxygen/concepts/oxygen-plugin.html

You should try to look at the "Workspace Access" plugin type (and sample
implementation).

> 1.       When user does a Save (File + Save), display a dialog box from which the user can proceed with the Normal Save or  select other options to do some custom saves to a database.

We do not yet have listeners to notify you when a file is saved.
Is the file you are trying to save from the local disk?

We have a type of plugin called "Custom Protocol Plugin" which allows
you to implement a custom java URLHandler for your own URL protocol like
"cms:....". Then you would be implementing the load/save operations in
your URLHandler by creating the input and output streams and you would
be able to ask the user where to save the output.
But this means that initially the file would have to be opened through
your custom protocol.

We also have an article about writing a CMS integration plugin:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-oxygen/index.html?q=/doc/ug-oxygen/tasks/howto-cms-plugin.html

Maybe you can also add a new action on the JMenuBar which the user would
call explicitly to save the file to another location.

> 2.       Add new options/actions under File that do custom processing

The Workspace Access plugin allows you access to the main JMenuBar so
you can customize it according to your needs.