[oXygen-user] How to pass the custom schema url from a validation scenario to a custom validation engine?

Stefan Krause
Fri Jul 1 12:52:02 CDT 2011

Hi Sorin,

I tracked this a little bit down. It works fine if the "Schema type" is
XML Schema, DTD, RNG, or RNC:

SystemID: D:\temp\test.xml
Main validation file: D:\temp\test.xml
Engine name: XSLT-Validierung
Severity: info
- -s:"file:/D:/temp/test.xml" -xsl:"file:/D:/docs/NurText2.xsl"
- -o:D:\temp\trash.xml -l:on Err.LinkedOutput=yes ArchiveType=RNC

It does not work if the "Schema type" is NVDL or Schematron. In this
cases, Oxygen invokes the command line which I had defined for "other"
without expanding ${ds}:

SystemID: D:\temp\test.xml
Main validation file: D:\temp\test.xml
Engine name: XSLT-Validierung
Severity: info
- -s:"file:/D:/temp/test.xml" -xsl:${ds} -o:D:\temp\trash.xml -l:on
Err.LinkedOutput=yes ArchiveType=OTHER

The parameter of the custom validation engines are:

name: XSLT-Validierung
executable path: java
working directory: .
command line
XSD: -jar "D:\tools\saxon\saxon_9.1\saxon9.jar" -s:"${currentFileURL}"
- -xsl:"${ds}" -o:D:\temp\trash.xml -l:on Err.LinkedOutput=yes
ArchiveType=XSD
RNG: -jar "D:\tools\saxon\saxon_9.1\saxon9.jar" -s:"${currentFileURL}"
- -xsl:"${ds}" -o:D:\temp\trash.xml -l:on Err.LinkedOutput=yes
ArchiveType=RNG
[...]
Other: -jar "D:\tools\saxon\saxon_9.1\saxon9.jar" -s:"${currentFileURL}"
- -xsl:"${ds}" -o:D:\temp\trash.xml -l:on Err.LinkedOutput=yes
ArchiveType=OTHER

If you are curious: the stylesheet sends messages in Oxygens Linked
Output Format. It would be nice to have linked messages within the
regular XSLT message panel.

Best regards,

Stefan