[oXygen-user] New Schematron rule for DITA maps

Radu Coravu radu_coravu at sync.ro
Mon Aug 22 03:37:08 CDT 2011

Hi Eliot,

Indeed we added default validation scenarios for DITA topics which also
use some Schematron validation stages but we did not add such validation
scenarios out of the box for DITA Maps. Oxygen 13 will be released in a
week or two so maybe in the next version we'll try to implement some
Schematron rules also for DITA Maps.

The warning about the use of navtitle was available in the DITA
Schematron checks provided initially by Jarno Elovirta but I commented
it out as the Schematron was not applied on the DITA Maps anyway and
also because I considered the check kind of severe. The DITA 1.2 spec
says something like: