[oXygen-user] Minor Annoyance: Unable to Force Map Document into Map Manager

Radu Coravu
Tue Sep 21 09:18:24 CDT 2010

Hi Eliot,

Thanks for the feedback.

That's kind of a strange use case as from what I knew the "ditamap"
extensions was kind of imposed on all DITA Maps:
http://dita.xml.org/what-dita-map

The only idea I have as a workaround is to right click on the Project
view's root, select "New->Logical Folders from Web" and choose the
remote Webdav folder. Then in the Project view you will be able to right
click the DITA Map remote file and choose "Open with->DITA Maps Manager".

Also in the Oxygen Preferences->"File Types" page there is a setting
called "Treat as DITA Maps Files matching". If you add the XML extension
there, you will be asked each time an XML is opened in which part to
open it (DITA Maps Manager or the main editor area).

The drag and drop feature of the editor's tab to the DITA Maps Manager
has been asked of us before but the current used docking architecture
does not allow us to accomplish it.

Maybe we can either re-add the Open URL button on the DITA Maps Manager
toolbar or make the Open button a drop-down with the Open URL as a choice.