[oXygen-user] Bug in regular expression negative lookbehind?

Adrian Buza
Fri Nov 12 03:07:21 CST 2010

Hi,

Thank you for letting us know about this problem.

Both positive and negative lookbehind are affected. For positive try:
(?<=o)o  - it skips every other 'o', matching only half of them(only the
'o's at even locations)

This happens because for Find Next/Previous Oxygen always searches in a
substring starting from the caret(it does not look behind ahead of the
caret position).
Obviously this is a mistake and we'll have to change this behavior. I've
added it to our issue tracking tool and we'll resolve it in a future
version of Oxygen.

As a workaround you can use "Find All" which obtains correct results for
both positive and negative lookbehind.

Let us know if you encounter further issues.

Regards,
Adrian

Adrian Buza
oXygen XML Editor and Author support