[oXygen-user] Can two dictionaries be used at the same time?

Yves Barbion
Mon Mar 15 11:11:38 CDT 2010

Indeed Mark, if you use DITA, you can use the xml:lang attribute for this.

For example, I'm writing a Dutch user guide for an English software product.
In that case, I will set the xml:lang attribute on my <topic> elements to
Dutch (xml:lang="nl-nl"), but I use special elements to refer to the user
interface of the software, for example <uicontrol>. The xml:lang attributes
for my <uicontrol> elements will be set to <en-us>. The spell-checker will
switch between my English and Dutch dictionary automatically.

And my translators will know that they will have to be extra careful when
they translate the text of my <uicontrol> elements.

Great feature!

--
Yves Barbion
www.scripto.nu