[oXygen-user] code template for identity transform

Lars Huttar
Sat Jun 12 06:54:20 CDT 2010

Dear Oxygen folks,

I often find the need to insert an identity transform template into an
XSLT stylesheet I'm writing, but I don't always remember the correct
XPath for the match pattern and the apply-templates/@select, and it's a
nuisance to have to keep looking it up.

A few times I've created a code template in Oxygen for it, but it keeps
disappearing as I upgrade Oxygen. Would you consider adding this code
template to the built-in list for the XSL editor? It seems like it would
be useful to a lot of XSL developers.

Name: id
Associate with: XSL Editor.
Content:
<!-- Identity transform -->
<xsl:template match="@* | node()">
    <xsl:copy>
    </xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

No doubt you can tweak the content if there is a more approved variation
on the above.

Thanks for your consideration,
Lars