[oXygen-user] Putting an image URL in an image reference

Steve Matlock
Fri Jan 29 12:59:38 CST 2010

I'm using Oxygen 10.x

I have image urls that our users use that look like this:
"
https://www.mysite.com/image/button?color=orange&OwnerId=JoeSmith&size=large&background=white
"

When these URLs are opened, they pull in the right button based upon the
owner, color, size, and background.

If I try to use this image URL as-is in the image tag, I get an error
because the "&" means the following word is treated as an HTML entity name
such as &copy or &trade.

So I changed the "&" in the URL to "&"

Now I don't get an error, but I also don't get an image.

Is there a way to modify this URL so it retrieves the right image using the
syntax I'm using? I can't point to an image without using these parameters.

--
Steve Matlock
http://nohomeformyblog.blogspot.com/