[oXygen-user] quick find changes in 11.1

James Sulak
Wed Jan 27 16:58:01 CST 2010

I might be crazy, but it looks like the incremental search (or "quick
find") feature changed between versions 11 and 11.1.

In 11.1, when I activate quick find, the previous search term is still
in the search box, unhighlighted.  When I start typing my new search
term is appended to the old search term, matching nothing.  For
example:

   SearchOneSearchTwo

The entire search term is highlighted if I pres control-alt-f again,
at which point I can start typing and overwrite it.  What this means
is that every time I want to do an incremental search, I end up
pressing control-alt-f, control-alt-f.

I think the previous (and desired) behavior in 11.0 and previous
versions was that when quick find was activated, the old term was
highlighted, so that typing started a new search term.  In other
words, I could press control-alt-f, begin typing, and find what I
intend immediately.

If I'm correct, is there any chance of restoring the old behavior in
the next release?

Thanks,

-James