[oXygen-user] Potential IE whitespace issue in Oxygen

George Cristian Bina
Tue Jan 12 13:40:35 CST 2010

Hi Steven,

With the default settings and using the XML Accurate as algorithm I get
294 differences between the two files.
Enabling the "Ignore whitespaces" option results in 10 differences.
Enabling also "Ignore expansion state for empty elements" gets no
differences.

So, basically all the changes are in how empty elements are written.

oXygen does not apply any formating if you open a file in the Text page,
unless you turn on "Format and indent the document on open". However, if
you open the document in Author mode then oXygen will parse the document
on open and will serialize it on save, that causing a formatting to be
applied according with the format and indent settings. I suppose that
happened in your case.
We are working to make the Author mode to keep the document part that
was not changed as it was wrt formatting. Hopefully that will be
available in the next maintenance release.