[oXygen-user] XInclude requires xml:base= to be declared

George Cristian Bina
Sun Jan 10 01:41:39 CST 2010

Hi Syd,

By default an XInclude processor does base URI fix-up, that means adding
an xml:base on the included content whose value is the URI of the
included file to enable further references from the included content to
be correctly resolved.
You can pass the including document through a copy stylesheet to see
exactly what you get after XInclude processing.

You can disable the base URI fix-up from Options->Preferences -- XML /
XML Parser by disabling the "Base URI fix-up" option but that is
strongly not recommended. Instead, the schema should be changed to allow
xml:base on any element. And if you do that change you should add also
xml:space and xml:lang and maybe also xml:id.