[oXygen-user] DocType Association & Insert Character Actions

McDonald, Shaun
Mon Dec 13 13:47:58 CST 2010

Hi,

I'm building Author frameworks and would like to provide editors with a finite list of special characters to insert via a toolbar.

I've noticed that defining a character's value as the letter itself is fine, but our data models require that only hex values be used in XML documents. I've tried inserting the hex value directly into the action definition, but this only produces text in the Author view.

Example, an attempt to insert this, Á, results in Á in the XML. Of course, no frameworks feature is available in text view which seems to force the use of the Entity Panel.

How can I create a DocType Association action for inserting hex entities?

Thanks,

Shaun