[oXygen-user] Schema translator tool: from XSD to *

George Cristian Bina
Fri Aug 13 03:57:03 CDT 2010

Hi Florent,

The schema conversion support is based on Trang and Trang does not
support XSD as input.
As far as I remember there was indeed a licensing issue related with Sun
MSV/rngconv. Now, looking again it seems that all are BSD although the
rngconv package contains also a copyright.txt file containing

Sun Microsystems, Inc. has intellectual property rights relating to
technology embodied in this product. In particular, and without
limitation, these intellectual property rights may include one or more
of the U.S. patents listed at http://www.sun.com/patents and one or
more additional patents or pending patent applications in the U.S. and
other countries. This product is distributed under licenses
restricting its use, copying, distribution, and decompilation. No part
of this product may be reproduced in any form by any means without
prior written authorization of Sun and its licensors, if any. Third
party software, including font technology, is copyrighted and licensed
from Sun suppliers.

Searching on MSV/rngconv shows that they were licensed under Apache
Software License and Sun Binary Software License Agreement, see
http://www.xml.com/pub/r/1265

We will look more into these to see if it possible to distribute that
with oXygen.