[oXygen-user] mystery: content-height validation problem with XEP

Wendell Piez
Thu Aug 12 10:51:06 CDT 2010

Hi,

I know this is old, but just a wild guess -- if the stylesheet
expects a value and doesn't find one, the FO could be coming out

<fo:external-graphic ... content-height="px"/>

and I wouldn't be surprised to see XEP complain about that.

Cheers,
Wendell

At 04:13 AM 8/5/2010, Radu wrote:
>Hi Robert,
>
>For example if in a Docbook 5 XML file you have an image like:
>
><imagedata fileref="../lake.jpeg" scale="100" contentdepth="50"/>
>
>in the generated FO file (which gets transformed to PDF) it gets
>transformed to:
>
><fo:external-graphic src="url(../lake.jpeg)" width="auto"
>                              height="auto" content-width="auto"
>content-height="50px"/>
>

>I tested with both Apache FOP and XEP 4.16 and they both accept the
>content-height with the value specified with "px" (and without the px
>appended as well).
>Maybe you are using an older version of XEP?

>On 7/31/2010 11:20 AM, Robert Nagle wrote:
> > Hi, I have a weird problem and am flummoxed.
> >
> > I have oxygen 11.2 + xep + docbook 5.
> >
> > Up until now  I've had no problem rendering it with the XEP engine.
> > Settings are right,  The docbook project validates according to
> > Oxygen. However, if I try to do the usual transform to make a PDF from
> > XEP, I get this enigmatic error without producing a PDF.
> >
> > Started: "C:\Program Files (x86)\XEP\xep.bat" -fo "I:\My
> > Documents\work-related\myproject\index.xml_xslt" -pdf "I:\My
> > Documents\work-related\myproject\myproject.pdf"
> > (document [system-id file:/I:/My
> > Documents/work-related/myproject/index.xml_xslt]
> >    (validate
> >      [error] Attribute 'content-height' cannot have a value of "px".
> >      [validation total: 1 error]
> > Parse error: Invalid XSL FO source 'file:/I:/My
> > Documents/work-related/myproject/index.xml_xslt': 1 error found during
> > validation
> > Process ended with exit code: 0
> >
> > I have no idea what's going on. I understand that it's talking about
> > FO (I sort of understand what it is). To my knowledge I have not
> > specified content-height anywhere  in the xinclude files or the
> > customization layer. I cannot find px anywhere.
> >
> > The PDF generates successfully if I switch the rendering engine to
> > Apache FO, but that does not help.
> >

> > My customization layer is pretty basic (see below), and I have not
> > changed anything recently. I realize I have not given you a lot of
> > information here, but can  you  guess where the problem lies or how to
> > solve it? I get the sense that the problem may lie with my images in
> > my source xml, but I just don't know.
> >
> > Any guesses? Thanks.... (I have a deadline for Monday, so any guess
> > would be appreciated).
> >
> > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> > <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
> > xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"    version="1.0">
> >      <xsl:import
> > href="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl-ns/1.75.2/fo/docbook.xsl"
> > />
> >
> >       <xsl:param name="xep.extensions" select="1"></xsl:param>
> >      <xsl:param name="preferred.mediaobject.role">fo</xsl:param>
> >      <xsl:param name="insert.xref.page.number">yes</xsl:param>
> >      <xsl:param name="page.height">23.4cm</xsl:param>

> [...]

Wendell Piez                            mailto: