[oXygen-user] Following links through xinclude in docbook

Sorin Ristache
Thu Sep 17 09:56:46 CDT 2009

Hello,

It is a known limitation. When you edit a child document the link does
not jump to other child document or to the master one because there is
no connection configured in Oxygen between the edited child document and
the target of the link. There is a connection mechanism that could be
used and that we plan to use in a future version of Author for this kind
of jump across child documents: a validation scenario that specifies the
master document as the starting point for the validation of the current
child document. Connecting the child document with the master document
provides the context necessary for the identification of the target of
the link.

If you don't know how a validation scenario works you can watch a
dedicated video demonstration on the website and you can read about it
in the user manual:

http://www.oxygenxml.com/demo/ValidationScenario/ValidationScenario.html

http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-oxygen/validation-scenario.html