[oXygen-user] Maintaining line length

Sorin Ristache
Wed Sep 2 04:41:45 CDT 2009

Hello,

The value of the option "Print margin column" remains 200 as you set it
in Preferences -> Editor -> Pages -> Text and a vertical line is painted
in Text mode at a distance of 200 characters from the left margin of the
editor. This is the print margin enabled and disabled with the option
"Show print margin".

The wrap limit used by the Format and Indent action, by the option
"Format and indent the document on open" and by the option "Hard line
wrap (Limit to "Line width - Format and Indent")" is set with the option
called "Line width - Format and Indent". So you have to set the value
200 in the option "Line width - Format and Indent" instead of "Print
margin column". All these wrap options are available in Preferences ->
Editor -> Format.

You disable the automatic line wrapping by disabling the option "Format
and indent the document on open". By default this option is disabled.