[oXygen-user] Batch transformations

John Fitzpatrick
Sat Oct 24 04:44:46 CDT 2009

Batch transformations is something I've been trying to do for a while. I
have one XSL and I was to run it against ~50 XML files.  Currently I
have to run something like this in a dos shell:

java  -jar saxon9.jar -s:. -xsl:transform.xsl

Under "Configure transformation scenario..." it allows you to select one
XSL and one XML. It would be nice if you could select a directory for
the XML (so run against all XML in that directory), or specify *.xml

Is there a way around this?
J.

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:] On Behalf Of George Cristian
Bina
Sent: 23 October 2009 19:01
To: Wendell Piez
Subject: Re: [oXygen-user] Batch transformations

Hi Wendell,

That functionality should be covered now with the support to associate
transformation scenarios on the project selected files, including
folders. So you can use the "Configure transformation scenario..."
action on a folder (or on your selection) and select the scenario then
close the dialog with the "Transform now" button if you want the
scenario to be applied immediately after closing the dialog. Further you

can trigger the transformation again with the "Apply transformation
scenario" action.

Thinking now about this I think it may be good to add also the
"Transform with..." action back as that allows applying a scenario
without associating it with the documents (or folders). Let me know also

if your use case is not covered by this scenario association that we
have in version 11.