[oXygen-user] global global open option?

Syd Bauman
Thu Oct 22 12:28:52 CDT 2009

oXygen has four potential "modes" with which to view a file: Text,
Grid, Author, and Design. I *always* want files ot open in Text mode
initially. I realize that for any given document type, I can change
the ihitial opening mode to Text mode in the "Document Type
Association" preferences pane, as long as I tell it I'm a developer.
But is there a way to do them all at once?

That's just for me. But the problem is bigger than that. I'm about to
teach a TEI workshop using oXygen. They've bought a license and are
busy installing oXygen 11 on a bunch of machines. It could be
pedagogically counter-productive if when the students open their
first template file, they get Author mode instead of Text mode. Is
there a way I can change this behavior globally? Or at least a way to
get this behavior without asking those doing the installation to
manually adjust the preferences each time? (It takes roughly a dozen
clicks/actions.) E.g., would it work to set the preferences the way I
want them once, and then copy that instllilation to other machines?
Can we just copy over a single preferences or framework file?

Thanks.