[oXygen-user] topicref @href vs @conref and author mode

ekimber
Thu Oct 15 09:51:44 CDT 2009

On 10/15/09 9:43 AM, "Mario Madunic" <> wrote:

> Thanks Radu and Eliot.

I'll test the file asap Radu and should have an answer
> back to you today.

One point though (no flame intended, just an
> observation), best practice/design rules that could be placed in the schemas.
> @conref is not invalid according to the schemas but to best practice or design
> rules. This is one issue I have with DITA.

I can assure that the DITA TC understands your frustration with lack of
information on DITA how-to and best practice. The DITA Adoption TC is
working to produce papers that do provide just such best practice and any
feedback you can provide on what you need more information about will be
very helpful indeed.

I can also say that the people who would be in a position to write the sort
of DITA books the community needs are also up to their elbows getting the
DITA 1.2 spec done and out for approval. Once that is done I suspect you
will see a flurry of DITA books that provide the sort of practice guidance
you're looking for.

Cheers,

E.

----
Eliot Kimber | Senior Solutions Architect | Really Strategies, Inc.
email:   <mailto:>
office: 610.631.6770 | cell: 512.554.9368
2570 Boulevard of the Generals | Suite 213 | Audubon, PA 19403
www.reallysi.com <http://www.reallysi.com>  | http://blog.reallysi.com
<http://blog.reallysi.com> | www.rsuitecms.com <http://www.rsuitecms.com>