[oXygen-user] selection plugin results to result pane?

Christian Wittern
Sat Oct 10 04:52:54 CDT 2009

Hi there,

In a recent discussion with fellow TEI encoders who use oXygen as one of
their XML editors, as one of the reasons *nat* to use oXygen was mentioned
that in oXygen one can not use a selection to, for example trigger a
database lookup with a result displayed in a result panel.  Now, pondering
this question, I was looking at the plugin types and wondered, if the
SelectionPlugin could be used to develop something like this.  However,
according to the documentation, apparently the results of the Selection
Plugin always go back and replace the selection, which is unwanted in this
case.  Also, it is not clear to me, if actions taken in the plugin could
show their results in the result pane?

Best,  Christian

--
 Christian Wittern