[oXygen-user] looking for a good XSLT IDE

Mark Baker
Tue May 12 16:55:40 CDT 2009

George,

I've used Oxygen's XSLT debugger a couple of times, but most of the time I
don't use it. The main reason is that all of my builds involve multiple XSLT
stylesheets tied together by ANT build files. Isolating the output of one
step of the process and setting up all the parameters required to run any
one of the scripts in Oxygen is usually more hassle than simply dropping in
some <xsl:message> message statements to see what is going on. I write
content in Oxygen but do most of my XSLT work in JEdit with the AntFarm
plugin because it lets me launch any target I want with a click.

I'd expect that most people will be running XSLT in some wider context and I
have to think that it is usually going to be cumbersome to extract
stylesheet and data from that context in order to feed it to the debugger.
Is there, or could there be, some way to run my ANT builds within Oxygen and
have the XSLT debugger track all the scripts that are being called and debug
them?

Mark