[oXygen-user] using catalogs

Sorin Ristache
Wed Mar 4 03:57:53 CST 2009

Hello,

You have to set in the Schema URI field of the document type the
location of the XSD file used for validating the file shibboleth2.xml
and set in the Schema type field one of the values XML Schema (for
validating shibboleth2.xml against an XML Schema) or XML Schema +
Schematron (for validating shibboleth2.xml against an XML Schema that
includes Schematron rules). The rules created in the Rules table for
matching the XML documents with the document type must match the file
shibboleth2.xml. This should be enough for validating shibboleth2.xml
against the schema specified in the document type.

I do not know what you try to do with the three import elements in
shibboleth2.xml. Do you want to validate the file shibboleth2.xml
against the three schemas (saml-schema-assertion-2.0.xsd,
saml-schema-protocol-2.0.xsd, saml-schema-metadata-2.0.xsd)? in Oxygen
an XML document is validated only against an XML Schema specified in an
xs:schemaLocation attribute or against an XML Schema specified in the
document type that matches the XML document.

What is shibboleth-2.0-native-sp-config.xsd from the error message? Is
that the XML Schema specified in the document type? Is it included or
imported from the XML Schema specified in the document type?