[oXygen-user] What is better: bold the names or bold the values?

Mars Sjoden
Sat Jan 24 08:53:52 CST 2009

+1 Bold Names

On 23-Jan-09, at 7:54 AM, George Cristian Bina wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We need your feedback on one of the oXygen 10.1 features. We
> implemented a new XML Schema editor where XML Schemas can be edited
> visually. The properties of the selected component are available in
> a side view (Attributes view). Now, some attributes are specified by
> the user, some other have default values. For marking the specified
> ones we though of two possibilities:
>
> - bold the attribute names as you can see in
>
> http://www.oxygenxml.com/update/boldNames.jpg

Bolding Attribute Names is the most natural.
the Attribute Name is of prime importance for distinguishing what the
Value pertains to.

Any person who uses or has used a spreadsheet or graph layout will
recognize intuitively the relationship.