[oXygen-user] using catalogs

Sorin Ristache
Mon Jan 19 10:40:52 CST 2009

Yes, as I specified in the first reply the easiest solution is the
creation of a document type in Preferences -> Document Type Association.
Document types are available starting with version 9.0 so if you upgrade
to the current version you can create a document type and set one or
more XML catalog files that will be used for the validation and
transformation of the XML files of that type. But you do not have to
upgrade to version 10 because the Default Schema Association available
in versions 8.x allows you to validate the XML files with the schema
that you want without adding the xsi:schemaLocation attribute in the XML
files.

In version 10 you should look at the DocBook 5 predefined document type
to see how to create a document type that matches XML documents by
namespace URI and specifies an XML catalog for these XML documents. Go
to menu Options -> Preferences -> Document Type Association and create a
new document type with the New button. Add a matching rule to the Rules
table where you specify the namespace URI for Shibboleth XML files. Add
the XML catalog file to the Catalogs tab of the dialog. After that the
validation of XML documents with that namespace URI will use the
specified XML catalog.

In version 8 you can also validate the files without editing them and
without adding the XML catalog. Go to Options -> Preferences -> Editor
-> Default Schema Association and create a new association with your
namespace URI (the Namespace column) and the location of the schema (the
Schema URI column).