[oXygen-user] New XSLT outline comments

Sorin Ristache
Thu Feb 26 07:47:01 CST 2009

Hello,

Florent Georges wrote:
>   Two ideas to improve its readability: 1/ have the mode column
> only for template rows (I am not sure that "conditional columns"
> depending on the row are neither possible or usable) or, even
> better,

Do you mean using the free space that is obtained from the Mode column
for long names of variables and functions that are truncated by the Mode
column? We will consider that. Also you can resize the Name/Match column
for avoiding truncating long names. The new column size is remembered
when you restart the application.

> 2/ group all template rules in the same mode into their own node:
>
>     + variables
>       - var1
>       - var2
>     + functions
>       - fun1
>       - fun2
>     + templates
>       - template-name
>       - match-pattern
>     + templates (mode: my-more)
>       - match-pattern
>       - other-one
>
>   I think that has the double advantage of having the layout
> more clear and also the grouping of template rules itself (as
> usually a mode groups logically related rules.)

I added a feature request for grouping the template rules with the same
mode in a node.

>   Two other notes: 1/ the group names in the outline are
> singular while I think they should be plural (variable
> vs. variables)

We will correct the group names.

> and 2/ template rules with a name are rendered as
> "name match-pattern".  I agree that having a single "group of
> words" for both is more clear because more concise, but we
> should have a way to distinguish both (for instance a slightly
> different color, or one in italic...)
>
>   Hope that helps,

We will think about marking the names and the match values in different
ways.

Thank you for your feedback,