[oXygen-user] Referencing external files in relationship table topicrefs

Gabrielle Burns
Wed Feb 25 16:01:17 CST 2009

I recently created a topicref in a relationship table to an external
file. During trial and error in compiling, I learned that the externally
referenced file had to be in the "out" folder to be compiled. If this is
the only method, I will need to copy hundreds of external files to a
subfolder in the "out" folder.

Is there an alternative way to reference external files other than this
approach? My original assumption was that an external file could be
located outside the "out" folder, and that the topicrefs would include
the path to a different location, using "../" at the beginning of the
path. I have not found information in Help about this issue. Thank you.

Regards,

Gabrielle Burns
Lead Information Products Developer
BRO Software Applications