[oXygen-user] Saxon SA support in oXygen

Wendell Piez
Thu Feb 19 14:23:36 CST 2009

Gentlemen,

I am trying out features of schema-aware transformations. I am aware
that one of the things SaxonSA is supposed to be able to do is signal
errors when XPath expressions in your XSLT would resolve in empty
sequences by necessity (given valid input), since the elements named
would be invalid according to the given schema. (This is documented
on pp 169-170 of Michael Kay's Programmers Reference, 4th ed., and
elsewhere.) But I can't get this to work in oXygen. SaxonSA happily
runs my transform without emitting warnings, even when I put spurious XPath in.

On p 169 of the PR 4ed, Mike indicates that -val:strict has to be
provided from the command line. In oXygen's Preferences, I can see
how to set -val, but not -val:strict. Might that have to do with why
this feature isn't working for me?

This is just a guess, since Saxon does complain if input is not
valid. Otherwise I'm completely in the dark. I'd be grateful for any tips.

I'm still on oXygen 10; the version of SaxonSA is 9.1.0.3J.

Thanks!
Wendell

Wendell Piez                            mailto: