[oXygen-user] problem validating XML with XSD

Sorin Ristache
Mon Feb 16 04:47:02 CST 2009

Hello,

The actions Learn Structure and Save Structure create a DTD, not an XML
Schema. If I try to associate a DTD with an XML document as an XML
Schema (.xsd file) using the XML Schema tab of the Associate Schema
dialog I get the error:

"Could not associate XSD ! - The markup in the document preceding the
root element must be well-formed."

Are you sure the action Save Structure creates an XML Schema on your
computer? Did Oxygen display an error in the Errors view when you tried
to associate the file created by the action Save Structure as an XML Schema?

The line

<?oxygen SCHSchema="VDS.2009-02-11.xsd"?>

is added by the action Associate Schema only if you select the checkbox
"Embedded Schematron rules" in the Associate Schema dialog but you
should not do that for a file created with the actions Learn Structure
and Save Structure because the actions create a DTD which cannot have
embedded Schematron rules.

The error "Please restart after allocating more memory to oxygen." is
reported when the size of the opened files is very large and the current
memory allocated for Oxygen is not enough. You have to increase the
memory allocated for Oxygen as specified in the error message or
decrease the total size of the opened files. What is the total size of
the files that you opened in Oxygen? What action did you do in Oxygen
when the error was reported?