[oXygen-user] Customizing footers in output PDF

Ethan Metsger
Thu Feb 5 13:41:24 CST 2009

Hi, all.

I confess that I'm something of an XSLT newbie.  I'm working on
customizing the output footers for our PDF documentation, and I'm having a
difficult time of selecting the appropriate elements using XSLT.

I'm trying to use the pagesetup.xsl stylesheet as a template, and I've
been doing some work trying to construct the appropriate <xsl:value-of>
selection.  It has been somewhat difficult to use what should be a very
simple selection:

    <xsl:value-of select="book/info/productname"/>

The problem is that "book" no longer lives in the default namespace, but
(it seems) in the "d" namespace:

<xsl:stylesheet exclude-result-prefixes="d"
                 xmlns:d="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook"

I've tried removing the "exclude-result-prefixes" item and trying several
variations on the above value-of query:

    <xsl:value-of select="d:book/info/productname"/>
    <xsl:value-of select="d:/book/info/productname"/>
    <xsl:value-of select="d:book/d:info/d:productname"/>
    <xsl:value-of select="d:productname"/>

And the like.  I know that the rule is being triggered because I'm getting
textual output in the resulting PDF.  But so far I'm mystified about how
to go about modifying the header with the product name and version.  I am
nearly certain the issue is namespace related, because I'm able to get
xsltproc to transform the xml file using pretty trivial xsl.

I've attached both.  I ran:

    xsltproc test.xsl 00_XBinder_Master.xml

I'm using Saxon with Oxygen for the transformation.

Best,

Ethan Metsger

--
Objective Systems, Inc.