[oXygen-user] switch off: auto self-standing tag function

Sorin Ristache
Mon Feb 2 02:25:02 CST 2009

Hello Tak,

The XSLT processor generates some HTML tags like SCRIPT and BR as
auto-closing tag (<SCRIPT scr="..." ... />) or as open tag + close tag
(<SCRIPT scr="..." ... > </SCRIPT>) depending on the output method of
the transformation. For the HTML output method it generates open tag +
close tag so that the tags are accepted by Web browsers. But the default
method is XML which means auto-closing tag. Please add the following
instruction at the beginning of your XSLT stylesheet:

   <xsl:output method="html"/>