[oXygen-user] Schematron validation "errors" enhancement

George Cristian Bina
Wed Dec 9 07:37:09 CST 2009

Hi Wendell,

The 'Info' field was added initially to allow linking an error to a
resource (URL) that provides more information about that type of error.
We implemented this initially for XML Schema validation with Xerces by
lining errors to the XML Schema specification that describe those
errors. Right now that is used also for other validations, like XSLT 2.0
and XProc.

Now back to your question. Right now it is not used for Schematron.
Taking into account that the expected value is an URL then I believe the
best approach for Schematron will be to place the @see attribute in the
Info field. This will allow the Schematron editor to link to a page
where the user can find more information about the constraint that failed.

Let me see if I can have this update in time for 11.1.