[oXygen-user] docbook + xincludes + xref? removing xmlns:saxon attributes in output?

Robert Nagle
Mon Aug 17 12:10:20 CDT 2009

Hi, I have two problems with my chunked HTML output on a docbook 5 project.

PROBLEM 1
If your project uses xincludes with docbook, is  Oxygen supposed to
validate the xref links? I just tried my first xref link and am
getting validation errors for xml files containing xrefs even though
the XSL for html chunking/epub chunking runs fine. (i.e., I can see
the hyperlink in the html output). Only Oxgen gives a validation
error.

In er1.xml (which is a chapter)  I have this line   <para> See also
<xref linkend="interlude1"/></para>
In i1.xml (which is a chapter) , I have this

<chapter xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook" version="5.0"
xml:id="interlude1">
    <title>Interlude  Essay 1 <author>
        <personname>Robert Nagle</personname>
    </author>
    </title>
<para> ..... </chapter>

SystemID: I:\My Documents\xml\rj3\er1.xml
Engine name: oNVDL
Severity: error
Start location: 253:49

PROBLEM 2.

I'm trying to figure out why the html output for chunked html files
looks like this (see below). First, why is there a reference to saxon
here? How do I turn this off?  (Does Oxygen or docbook use some
parameter that is causing this to appear?  Any guess why it would make
every paragraph an aref with an id which corresponds with the xml:id
of the chapter element?

<a id="interlude1" xmlns:saxon="http://icl.com/saxon">"You have
nothing to worry about."</a>

Thanks for your help.