[oXygen-user] adding catalog entries in Oxygen

Robert Nagle
Thu Aug 6 12:14:32 CDT 2009

Ok, problem solved (mostly), more information and a lingering question.

Voila! I noticed that the 1.7.5.2 xsl package I downloaded already
includes a catalog.xml file
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/1.75.2/catalog.xml
So all I really need to do is link Oxygen's preferences to that
specific catalog.xml file on my local machine.

So, really, all I need to do is go to Preferences --> XML --> XML
Catalog --> NEW Xml catalog --> Browse to  catalog.xml  in local xsl
root  (file:/I:/My%20Documents/xml/docbook-xsl-1.75.2/catalog.xml).

When I right-click the href value and click  Open File at Caret, it
opens in the frameworks directory (not the path I gave it) to the
default xsl file (which is 1.7.5.1).  Humpf!

If I change the xsl: import to
  <xsl:import href="
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/1.75.2/epub/docbook.xsl"/>

and do the same thing, the correct file opens up in my editor. Horray!

Although I've solved the problem, why didn't it  work the first time?
The catalog.xml file for the 1.7.5.1 looks pretty similar to the
1.7.5.2 one (although I noticed  the absolute path for 1.7.5.2 is
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/ but for 1.7.5.1
it's http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl-ns/current/

Any idea? Thanks.

Robert

You should add the XML catalog of DocBook XSL 1.75.2 on the first
position in the list of XML catalogs of the DocBook doctype that is
available in Preferences -> Document Type Association. If you are a
content author (you are not allowed to edit the document type) you have
to duplicate the DocBook 4 or DocBook 5 document type and add

I:\My Documents\xml\docbook-xsl-1.75.2\catalog.xml

on the Catalogs tab of the dialog for editing the document type:

http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-oxygen/dg-complex-customization-tutorial.html#dg-step-association

If your catalog is on the first position it will be parsed before the
built-in catalog of Oxygen.

You can check that the XML catalog is used by right click on the href
value of

<xsl:import
href="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/epub/docbook.xsl"/>

and run the action Open File at Caret. The action should open the
stylesheet from I:\My Documents\xml\docbook-xsl-1.75.2.