[oXygen-user] Saxon's XQuery -mr option

Florent Georges
Sun Aug 2 14:44:45 CDT 2009

Florent Georges wrote:
> George Cristian Bina wrote:

  Hi,

> > Since 10.3 we added support for automatically setting as
> > module resolver a wrapper over the XML Catalogs from oXygen
> > that uses the uri mappings to resolve the module system id
> > before loading it. Does that cover your request or do you
> > need support to specifically set another module resolver
> > class?

>   Well, that's exactly what I wanted to achieve with such a
> resolver...  What a wonderful world ;-)

  I've finally gave it a try.  I added the catalog to the oXygen
catalog list.  It contains a 'system' and a 'uri' entry for each
of the namespace URI of the module, and for its "at" hint in an
import statement:

    <!-- "at" hint URI -->
    <system systemId="http://www.expath.org/mod/http-client.xq"
            uri="saxon/xq/expath-http-client-saxon.xq"/>
    <uri name="http://www.expath.org/mod/http-client.xq"
         uri="saxon/xq/expath-http-client-saxon.xq"/>

    <!-- namespace URI -->
    <system systemId="http://www.expath.org/mod/http-client"
            uri="saxon/xq/expath-http-client-saxon.xq"/>
    <uri name="http://www.expath.org/mod/http-client"
         uri="saxon/xq/expath-http-client-saxon.xq"/>

  I've tried both queries with and without the "at" hint:

    import module namespace
       http = "http://www.expath..org/mod/http-client"
       at "http://www.expath.org/mod/http-client.xq";

and:

    import module namespace
       http = "http://www..expath.org/mod/http-client";

  In both cases, the default XQuery scenario fails with Saxon
telling it cannot find the module (the scenario is named "Execute
XQuery (Win)", I am not sure why there is "(Win)" here...)

  I did not find any option to activate the catalog support for
the Saxon's ModuleResolver.  I use oXygen 10.3.  Is there any way
to get more information, for instance within the logs?

Florent Georges
http://www.fgeorges.org/